– Technical and 4th MC meeting, 18–20 September 2017, Jena, Germany
– 3rd MC meeting & 2nd Annual conference, 1st and 2nd March 2017, Tel Aviv, Israel
– EAGLES meeting “Rare-Earth Doped Glass Materials and Fibre Lasers” The event is organized by the Institute of Photonics and Nanotechnology of the CNR and the FBK 18-19 October 2016, Povo-Trento, Italy, FBK building
– COST MP1401 International Training School on Fiber Lasers & Optical Fiber Technology, 30 August – 1 September 2016, Prague, Czech Republic
– COST MP1401 Annual Conference and 2nd MC meeting, 12-15 April 2016, Zadar, Croatia
– 24th Optical Wave and Waveguide Theory and Numerical Modeling Workshop (OWTNM 2016), FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
Among the different types of Lasers, fibre lasers are, both as research and commercially, the youngest, yet the fast growing type of laser due to several factors. This Action will be the first arena where experts in fundamental material science, established laser and component groups, fibre laser manufacturers and end-users will be able to actively interact, share know-how and focus on common goals. We do expect to boost a series of innovations in the field. Among them we aim to cover the 3-6 micron wavelength interval, and beyond, to support mid-infrared applications and to enhance fibre performance to cover more efficiently visible and ultra-violet wavelength generation for biophotonics and healthcare. The Action will also investigate glass material and fibre design to overcome the actual limitation in output power. The improvements will mainly boost healthcare to benefit wide society and EU manufacturing to retain and increase manufacturing workforce within EU. The Action will mentor a new generation of researchers by providing Early Stage Researchers an opportunity to develop both scientific and management skills. At the same time the Action will actively promote gender balance and women researchers to management positions.