24th Op cal Wave and Waveguide Theory and Numerical Modelling Workshop
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
The 24th Op cal Wave and Waveguide Theory and Numerical Modelling Workshop (OWTNM 2016) will be held at Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland, on Friday 20th and Saturday 21st May 2016. The aim of the Workshop is to address the physical understanding and mathema cal descrip on of guided op cal waves and related effects in micro- and nanostructures. The Workshop is to be co- located with the 18th European Conference on Integrated Op cs (ECIO 2016).
Topics of interest for the Workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Simula onanddesignofphotonicintegratedsystems,linearandnonlineareffectsinwaveguides
and waveguide arrays, light localisa on in space and me, gra ng structures, in- and out-coupling
device schemes, advances in numerical methods including mul -physics effects;
- Photonic bandgap structures, photonic crystal devices, photonic crystal fibres, and respec ve
applica ons, photonic analogues of electronic components;
- Photonic Nanostructures and Metamaterials: Micro and nano-resonators, micro-lasers, nano-
antennas, photonic molecules, surface-enhanced Raman sca ering, photon management by nanostructures in PV and OLED structures, metamaterial waveguides, metamaterials in the op cal domain, disordered photonics, topological photonics;
- Plasmonics:Metallicwaveguidesandnanowires,tapersandfieldenhancement,array-effectsin metallic nanostructures;
- Optoelectronic devices: Waveguide lasers, fibre lasers, mid IR and THz sources, PT symmetric structures;
- Guidedwavesensors(bothfibreandintegrated-op c,includingbio-sensors).
The submission deadline is 14th March 2016. A 1 page abstract has to be submi ed and you can find details on the ECIO+OWTNM website: http://ecio2016.com.
The Workshop website will provide updates on the programme.
Authors will also have the opportunity to submit full length papers to a topical issue of Op cal and Quantum Electronics that will be guest edited by members of the organising commi ee. We welcome contribu ons for oral and poster presenta ons and encourage young researchers to join, present their work,andbenefitfromtheinformalatmosphereoftheworkshop. Theprogramwillconsistofinvited and contributed talks, and poster sessions.
On behalf of the Organising Commi ee we invite you to contribute to and par cipate in the workshop and to enjoy the many sights and a rac ons of Warsaw.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Workshop.
Marian Marciniak Trevor Benson
National Institute of Telecommunications University of Nottingham