“The Action fills a gap in the training and preparation of a new generation of leading scientists by providing an invaluable multidisciplinary background to Early Stage Researchers (ESR)* as well as opportunities for management experience. In addition, the Action will promote women researchers, in particular addressing the present gender unbalance in the technical and engineering areas.” – from the Memorandum of Understanding of the COST Action MP1401
* Currently Early Career Investigators (ECI)
In MoU, each Institution agreed in favouring, in a pro-active way, ECI and Women Researchers to be involved in the Action, and to support their active participations in Action management, meetings, conferences, and Short-Term Scientific Missions.
- We encourage you to apply for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs). Remember that Women and ECI will be given priority for STSMs to promote their mobility.
- Senior Researchers involved in the Action has created a Mentors’ Group. They are ready to help you when you have any doubts, problems, need a support, etc. Please contact us if you would like to use their help.
- We want you to be involved in Action management (MC members and WG/SG leaders), workshop coordination, organization and chairing of meetings, conferences, and training schools.
- ECI and Women Researchers will be invited to present their activity and results during meetings or the annual conferences and, especially, during a special session organized during WG meetings/topical meetings.
- You are strongly invited to create this section with us. Let us know if you have heard about activities addressed to women and young scientists. Share your ideas about actions we could take.
- Please join our Facebook profile to follow the news!
Do not hesitate to contact us in any matter related to ECI and Women Researchers involved in our COST Action MP1401 – Advanced fibre laser and coherent source as tools for society, manufacturing and life science
Silvia Soria Huguet, PhD Anna Lukowiak, PhD