1st Training School: International Training School on Fiber Lasers & Optical Fiber Technology: Program
2015-07-09 All dayDocuments Presentations on Research Groups and Programmes WG1
- Jager, IPHT, Jena, Germany, Introduction to Working Group 1
- Troles, CNRS, France "Mid-Infrared Fibres"
- Jaeger, IPHT Jena Germany "Fibre Manufacturing"
- Ferrari, IFN-CNR Trento, Italy "Novel Glasses"
- Prudenzano, Politecnico di Bari, Italy and S. Sujecki, Nottingham Unversity, UK: "Modelling of Fibre Lasers"
- Taccheo, Swansea University, UK " Which wavelength is missing?"
- Dandrea, Polictecnico di Milano, Italy "Biomedical applications",
- Mignani, IFAC-CNR, Florence, Italy "Food and Photonics"
- Katzir, Tel Aviv University, Israel, "Healthcare applications"
2015-10-12 09:00 - 2015-10-13 18:00COST MP1401 Dresden: Annual Conference Program Location: Fraunhofer IWS (www.iws.fraunhofer.de/en.html) How to get to the meeting: address and directions Participation is free, please contact Chair for information on registration. If you want to present a scientific contribution that fits into this COST Action please provide title abstract and contact person and contact the relevant WG Chair, cc Action Chair. Travel Grants may be available. Priority to Early Stage Reserachers and Women Scientists. contact Action Chair
- If you have an event related to COST Action AFLASER please inform the Action Chair if you want we advertise it.
- If you intend to participate/contribute please inform the Action Chair and the relevant WG Chair
- If you need support please ask, travel grants may be available (priority to Early Stage Researcher and women scientists).
2016-04-12 - 2016-04-15 All day
Venue: hotel Kolovare (http://www.hotel-kolovare.com/en/).
Address: Ul. Bože Pericica 14, Zadar, Croatia.
How to arrive?
By air plane
- Zadar Airport: (www.zadar-airport.hr/en) is the international airport located 8 km from the city center. It hosts Croatia Airlines (http://www.croatiaairlines.com/Plan-Book, Zagreb-Zadar), Ryanair (Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom) and several other companies.
- Zagreb Airport: (www.zagreb-airport.hr/home) bus line connection to Zagreb central bus station each 30 min.
- Split Airport: (http://www.split-airport.hr/index.php?lang=en) bus line connection to Zadar (see below).
- Frequent bus lines from Zagreb central bus station (http://voznired.akz.hr/) to Zadar. Duration 3.5 hours.
- Bus lines from Rijeka bus station (autobusni-kolodvor.com/en/terminal.aspx?k=5). Duration 4.5 hours.
- Bus lines from Split (www.ak-split.hr/EN/vozni.red/VozniRedOdlazaka.aspx). Duration 3.5 hours.
Zadar is directly connected to other bigger Croatian cities: (Zagreb, Rijeka, Split) by highway A1. Arrival to Zadar is simple and fast: from Zagreb to Zadar it should take you less than 3 hours of pleasant drive. Speed limits are 50km/h within, 90 km/h outside built-up areas and 130 km/h on highways.
Where to stay?
- hotel Kolovare: http://www.hotel-kolovare.com/en/
Hotel Kolovare ensures 50 rooms (double or single) for booking up to 25th March 2016. This hotel is at the same time the venue of the COST meeting, so please refer to COST MP1401 CONFERENCE while booking by sending an email to email@example.com. Please, write the period/number of nights and if you would like to include lunch in the offer. Booking in this way provides lower price. Hotel Kolovare is placed 600m from the central bus station and by the seaside.
- other options
Any tourists’ accommodations near the city center advertised on the web.
What to see?
- Zadar is awarded the title of the Best European Destination 2016
- Top things to do in Zadar
The Sea Organ and Sun Salutation are two artistic installations which are must to be seen.
The Sea Organ is an experimental musical instrument which utilizes the power of nature, sea waves to create beautiful sounds inside the pipes of different lengths and sizes. Near the Sea Organ there is the Sun Salutation - 22 meter diameter solar panel formed from multi-layered glass panels which absorb the Sun’s energy and convert it into electricity. The electricity is then used to lighten waterfront at night which gives a unique example of an efficient and renewable energy source.
- Feel Zadar
- Croatia's 20 most beautiful places
- National park Plitvice Lakes
World famous 16 lakes with streams and cascades in the biggest Croatian’s national park are placed only 2 hours by car from Zadar. There are also several bus lines connecting Plitvice and Zadar. This place is highly recommended due to its particular and beautiful nature.
The Croatian Kuna is the currency of Croatia. The currency code for Kuna is ‘HRK’, and the currency symbol is ‘kn’. The approximate value of 100 eur is 762 kn. More about exchange rates can be found on: www.hnb.hr.
Contact: Hrvoje Gebavi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2018-06-11 - 2018-06-12 All day
CALL FOR PAPERS
The WG 3 “Applications of fibre lasers in healthcare, life science and conservation of cultural heritage” meeting will be held in Milano, Italy 11 – 12 June 2018. Scientific contributions falling into the scope of the Action (Applications of Fibre Lasers) are welcome. Travel Grants are available to presenters. Scientists and Companies are welcome. The venue for the meeting will be the room S.0.2 within the Leonardo Campus of Politecnico di Milano https://goo.gl/maps/NSp9wjxNGkyWG3 Topics: • SG.3.1 Manufacturing • SG.3.2 Interaction with soft materials • SG.3.3 Healthcare and Biomedical Applications Please contact Gianluca Valentini (email@example.com) to propose your contribution. The deadline for the submission is May 20 2018. All contributors are requested to submit a full 1 page (maximum) abstract. You will also receive a formal invitation email from COST office. For more information and contact names visit: http://www.aflaser.eu/ More information: GETTING TO MILANO
As you’re likely to land in Malpensa, in Linate or in Orio al Serio airport, you can plan how to reach Milano following these suggestions.www.malpensaexpress.it Malpensa Shuttle to Centrale Railway Station: www.malpensashuttle.it If you land at Orio al Serio Airport: Terravision Bus to Centrale Railway Station: www.terravision.eu Orio shuttle to Centrale Railway Station: www.orioshuttle.com GETTING TO THE CAMPUS LEONARDO CAMPUS Take the subway (Line 2 - green one) and get off at Piola stop. Leonardo Campus is 2 minutes walk from there. ACCOMMODATION
Here after the list of the hotels Politecnico di Milano usually suggests. To book the room with these special rates, please contact directly the hotel mentioning your participation in the event organized at Politecnico di Milano. Please note that from 1st July 2013 a CITY TOURIST TAX per night per person, usually ranging from €3 to €5, to be added to the room price. Note also that in the fairs periods the hotels cannot guarantee the same rates and room availability.Hotel Gamma , Via Valvassori Peroni, 85 20133 Milano – Italia T. +39 02 26413152 Fax +39 02 264025p5 www.hotelgammamilano.it Hotel Dieci, Largo Rio de Janeiro, 12 - 20133 Milano (Italy) *** tel. +39 02 70608180 fax +39 02 26684206 www.hoteldieci.it Oasi Village Hotel, Viale Lombardia, 20 - 20131 Milano, Italia Tel. 0039.02.23951472 • Fax 0039.02.70606666 www.oasivillagehotel.it Hotel San Francisco, Viale Lombardia 55 - 20131 Milano, Italia Tel. 39 02 2360302 Fax 39 02 26680377 www.hotel-sanfrancisco.it Hotel Dorè, Via Paganini, 7 | 20131 Milano, Italia Tel. +39.02.29510859 Fax +39.02.2047174 www.hoteldore.com Viva Hotel, Via Giacinto Gallina, 12, 20129 Milano *** +39 02 36631070 FAX +39 02 36631078 www.vivahotelmilano.com
2018-10-24 - 2018-10-26 All dayThe 5th MC Meeting and 4th Annual Conference of the COST MP1401 Action will be held in NIT, National Institute of Telecommunications in Warsaw, Poland (24 - 26 October 2018). If you are planning to attend the meeting, please use the form which has to be returned to Prof. Marciniak (M.Marciniak@itl.waw.pl) by September 30 or preferably before. The feedback would allow us for an efficient planning of the programme and logistics. Venue: NIT, National Institute of Telecommunications, Warsaw, Poland, https://www.itl.waw.pl/en/ The National Institute of Telecommunications is located at the South-East border of Warsaw, but it is well connected by the public transport (city bus #521, city train S1, and regional trains) to the Warsaw center and airport. The Szachowa bus stop and Warszawa-Miedzeszyn train station are at 2 min walk from the Institute entrance. Accommodation should be booked by the participants themselves in Warsaw, preferably in hotels with good connection to the railway line.
- The 3-star hotel BOSS at a walking distance from the Institute,https://www.booking.com/hotel/pl/boss-centrum-konferencyjno-szkoleniowe-warszawa.en-gb.html?aid=357028;label=bin859jc-hotel-XX-pl-bossNcentrumNkonferencyjnoNszkolenioweNwarszawa-unspec-pl-com-L%3Aen-O%3AwindowsS10-B%3Aedge-N%3AXX-S%3Abo-U%3AXX-H%3As;sid=1647b601c3afe63bc9c4b85c50cd2be6;dist=0&sb_price_type=total&type=total&or
- The Best Western Hotel Felix with good 521 bus connection both to NIT and to the city center. The address is ul. Omulewska 24, Praga Południe, 04-128 Warszawa, Polska
- A bungalow style Hobo House hotel, 5 min walk to the National Institute of Telecommunications: The address is uL. Przewodowa 136, Wawer, 04-895 Warszawa, Polska
- Spillo Bed and Breakfast, Jeżynowa 9a, Wawer, 04-770 Warszawa, Polska