2016-04-12 - 2016-04-15 All day
COST MP1401 Zadar Conference Program
Venue: hotel Kolovare (http://www.hotel-kolovare.com/en/).
Address: Ul. Bože Pericica 14, Zadar, Croatia.
How to arrive?
By air plane
- Zadar Airport: (www.zadar-airport.hr/en) is the international airport located 8 km from the city center. It hosts Croatia Airlines (http://www.croatiaairlines.com/Plan-Book, Zagreb-Zadar), Ryanair (Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom) and several other companies.
- Zagreb Airport: (www.zagreb-airport.hr/home) bus line connection to Zagreb central bus station each 30 min.
- Bus lines from Split (www.ak-split.hr/EN/vozni.red/VozniRedOdlazaka.aspx). Duration 3.5 hours.
Zadar is directly connected to other bigger Croatian cities: (Zagreb, Rijeka, Split) by highway A1. Arrival to Zadar is simple and fast: from Zagreb to Zadar it should take you less than 3 hours of pleasant drive. Speed limits are 50km/h within, 90 km/h outside built-up areas and 130 km/h on highways.
Where to stay?
- hotel Kolovare: http://www.hotel-kolovare.com/en/
Hotel Kolovare ensures 50 rooms (double or single) for booking up to 25th March 2016. This hotel is at the same time the venue of the COST meeting, so please refer to COST MP1401 CONFERENCE while booking by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, write the period/number of nights and if you would like to include lunch in the offer. Booking in this way provides lower price. Hotel Kolovare is placed 600m from the central bus station and by the seaside.
- other options
Any tourists’ accommodations near the city center advertised on the web.
What to see?
- Zadar is awarded the title of the Best European Destination 2016
- Top things to do in Zadar
The Sea Organ and Sun Salutation are two artistic installations which are must to be seen.
The Sea Organ is an experimental musical instrument which utilizes the power of nature, sea waves to create beautiful sounds inside the pipes of different lengths and sizes. Near the Sea Organ there is the Sun Salutation - 22 meter diameter solar panel formed from multi-layered glass panels which absorb the Sun’s energy and convert it into electricity. The electricity is then used to lighten waterfront at night which gives a unique example of an efficient and renewable energy source.
- Croatia's 20 most beautiful places
- National park Plitvice Lakes
World famous 16 lakes with streams and cascades in the biggest Croatian’s national park are placed only 2 hours by car from Zadar. There are also several bus lines connecting Plitvice and Zadar. This place is highly recommended due to its particular and beautiful nature.
The Croatian Kuna is the currency of Croatia. The currency code for Kuna is ‘HRK’, and the currency symbol is ‘kn’. The approximate value of 100 eur is 762 kn. More about exchange rates can be found on: www.hnb.hr.
Contact: Hrvoje Gebavi (email@example.com).